The digital transformation is one of the biggest changes our society will make over the upcoming decade. We need to understand how digitalization might affect society and individuals. The change in technology can improve products, processes and services, but it can also lead to increased social and cultural differences and challenges. With digitalization as the priority area, our goal is to offer our knowledge and expertise to the success of the digital transformation by assisting others in the process.
More and more people experience that they need to understand and use digital technology in order to adapt to changing circumstances, and more believe that they lack relevant digital skills. New digital technologies used to create, process and share information are also changing the way we establish and use new knowledge. Our digitalization priority is therefore also about how we are to carry out our core tasks: education, training including innovation,and securing a prosperous society through transforming our community using digital technology.
In order to provide a clear direction for the forthcoming work on how digital technology will be used to improve society, four strategic focus areas have been selected. For each focus area, we have set major objectives and challenges.
1. Digitization for a flexible society.
– Society increasingly expects that products and services are accessible and personalized in a lifelong learning perspective. Thus, more flexible digitalization will be the driven force that will change population habits and preferences in a positive way.
2. Digital innovation.
– The digital competence of the population shall be developed to promote innovation in all forms, allowing them to develop a wide range of skills.
3. Digital skills, methods and competences in all parts of society.
– Understanding of digitalization and new ways of working based on the possibilities in digital technology shall be introduced and will help to grow our society. We will ensure the development of the population’s specialized digital competence so that they are able to use digital tools that they encounter in their profession, that they understand the strengths and weaknesses of the technology and methods behind the tools, and that they can assess what digitalization means for their own profession.
4. Appropriate management and job culture for digital transformation.
– Digital transformation must be clearly rooted in management at all levels and contribute to strengthening the quality of working life. Development of organization and culture using digital technology is of great importance for the opportunity to successfully transform the business. At the same time, the organization and job culture shall be shaped by digitalization, and the two should be developed simultaneously. Management must have the ability to motivate, lead and support ambitious digital change processes.