ProMeta (Promotion of the virtual world of “Metaverse”)
Project Value:60.000 EUR
In today's world, the metaverse remains an important part of our lives because of the innovations and unknowns it has brought with it from beyond our borders. When we look at our daily life, the rapid development of technology and the fact that people try to keep up with it is an indication that life is not static and that continuous innovations are trying to facilitate and expand people's lives. Especially the involvement of young people with technology, the inadequacy of parents in this field, and the inability of parents to younger generations to keep up with the times have all contributed to an increase in uncertainty.
The metaverse is a new concept that’s coming to be and is here to stay. Metaverse becomes the natural part of society through the games specially for the new generation which are the youngsters. Their understanding of reality is much different than the older generation’s in just the same way as the informal learning process of the language acquisition - young people learn about the world of the metaverse while growing up. On the other hand, youth workers cannot catch up with this speed.
As in the internet environment, there are several advantages and opportunities awaiting young people in the metaverse environment, as well as some challenges like abuse that young people need to be protected and guided.
Youth workers shall establish better communication with young people to better exploit the advantages of the metaverse and need to mentor them better.
The ProMeta project aspires to use the metaverse as a tool for youth workers in order to reach out to more young people.
In addition, youth workers and leaders from all corners of life will benefit from the guidelines to be developed, which will ensure that they receive effective and direct information regarding the metaverse. Aside from that, the outputs and results that we will prepare will be included in the digital platform that we will construct. As an example, in the context of metaverse we will create a training course containing eight training videos we will publish and make it available to youth workers and youth leaders in a convenient and timely manner, while also providing them for free.
The overall objectives of the ProMeta project are:
• to contribute to the personal and professional development of youth workers about the "Metaverse"
• to contribute to better equipping youth workers with the knowledge, skills, and competencies required for the next
generation of internet in an increasingly digitalized and rapidly changing society.
• to use the metaverse as a tool for youth workers in order to reach out to more young people.
The specific objectives of the project are to:
• develop digital skills and competences and skills in forward-looking fields, such as VR/XR/AR etc. which are essential for
Europe's future sustainable growth and cohesion.
• contribute to the stimulating innovation and bridging Europe's knowledge, skills and competences gap.
• Support and facilitate the transnational and international cooperation between organisations in the fields of education,
• promote non-formal and informal learning mobility and active participation among young people, as well as cooperation,
quality, inclusion, creativity and innovation at the level of organisations and policies in the field of youth;
The broad audience can be the target group of the project. But first we must understand why youth workers, leaders are
really important for this project.
Because, this is put into practice by youth groups, youth workers, leaders, and volunteers by the following:
- Increasing the level of self-esteem and self-confidence in young people.
- Fostering the ability of young people to successfully navigate their personal and social relationships.
- Developing new abilities through the provision of learning opportunities for younger generations.
- Promoting upbeat and supportive environments within groups.
- Developing young people's abilities to think critically about potential dangers, act rationally, and take charge of their own
- Providing assistance to young people in the formation of a "world view" that broadens their horizons and encourages social
As we can understand, the primary target group is youth workers, leaders in the ProMeta project. The reason for this was
that the primary target group in the ProMeta project was youth workers, who are the audience members who educate and
have a high potential to reach and educate youth using non-formal education methods. The young people are also targeted
to be reached in this project, but the youth workers are going to take a step to reach the young people to communicate,
educate, and let them be a part of European society as well as the world's most promising audience. So, the ProMeta
project is a new way to make this happen by using non-formal education methods.
To summarize, the main participants in this project are youth workers in their respective nations are the project's primary
target audience. This project involves;
• youth workers,
• youth leaders who work in youth centers,
• school study centers,
• BSP-ASP (before-after school programme)
• E-sports clubs that have been opened by both public and private non-governmental organizations
The ProMeta project will be a tool to let youth workers to understand the youth in the field of new features that they
commonly discuss in those years, which are VR,AR,XR, and metaverse, and let them understand and integrate those
concepts into their lives.
The following outputs will be developed:
O-1: The Guideline on Metaverse for Youth workers by Non-Formal learning methods
O-2: Audio-Visual digital content (as a non-formal education methods podcast and educational videos) on Metaverse in the field of Youth
🇭🇷 Centar za karijere mladih Dubrovnik